After the Rapture:
Helping loved ones & friends who are left behind
What is "The Rapture"
Most Evangelical and other conservative Christian churches teach that all saved Christians are
going to be removed from this earth in the near future. In what is often called the "secret rapture," saved Christians who are deceased will have their remains reconstituted and converted into spiritual bodies. They will rise from the grave to meet Jesus in the
sky. When this process is completed, all saved Christians living on Earth will also rise. It will be the greatest miracle in the history of mankind. Jesus will descend from the clouds. Many tens of millions of Americans will rise to meet Him.
They will disappear from the face of the earth and never be seen again by those who are
left behind in confusion.
What about the those who are left behind?
As glorious as the Rapture experience will be for the saved, many Evangelical pastors,
theologians and authors teach that the state of the billions of unsaved people
will be truly frightening. From the prophetic books of Daniel, Ezekiel and
Revelation, they have concluded:
- There will be mass disorientation as those left behind try to make sense out of the
sudden disappearance of tens of millions of people.
- A seven year period of disturbance and destruction, called the Tribulation is assocated with the rapture. Most denominations teach that it will follow immediately after the rapture.
- The Antichrist will rule the world. He will come from Europe, gain
political control of the world (perhaps by heading up the United Nations), make peace with
Israel, and then attempt to destroy much of humanity, concentrating on the Jews, and
those new Christians who will have been saved since the Rapture.
- Armageddon will follow. This is a massive war - one larger than any the
world has ever seen. Untold billions of people will die.
- The survivors will see Jesus rule the world for a period that will last a millennium,
What about your unsaved loved ones and friends?
Some people who study the implications of the rapture have predicted that it will
produce an immediate massive breakdown in all aspects of society as we know it:
- planes, trucks, ships, cars, busses, etc. will crash because their pilots, drivers,
captains were raptured.
- many companies will collapse because so many key individuals will have been
- a complete economic, governmental and financial collapse will follow.
- emergency services will be totally overloaded; many of their personnel will be raptured. Many of those left behind will need extensive medical and other help.
- electric power, gas, oil, and telephone services will be intermittent at best.
- The rise of the Antichrist can only make a desperate situation even worse.
How can you ease their suffering?
One of the greatest needs of those left behind will be for information.
- Millions will be shaken to their core by the demonstration of God's power during the
Rapture. They will become convinced that the Bible is true and that they need to be saved
through repentance and trust in Jesus as Lord and Savior. But many will not know how to
- Millions will be confused about the Rapture, They will struggle to understand what has happened and will have dozens of personal questions.
Radio, TV, and the newspapers might not be available to the unsaved who are left
behind. Fortunately, the core functionality of the Internet should survive the effects of the Rapture. It was
designed from its inception to function, even though large parts of it become
World Wide Web may be as slow as molasses in January. Millions of websites will be offline. However, Email should still
work well as messages bypass the servers that are offline.
We can supply information after the Rapture, about: salvation, the Tribulation, etc. We
can interact with your loved ones and friends via Email. They will have a place to turn
for help, support, and encouragement.
We are a group of 5 adults (one Christian; four non-Christians). Four of us
fully expect to remain behind if and when the Rapture ocurrs. We personally commit to
work up to a maximum of 6 days a week, 10 hours a day concentrating on answering Email questions from
those left behind who are registered with us. We will supply them answers to their
personal questions. We will send them Biblically based essays explaining:
- how to be saved,
- the nature of the Rapture,
- the nature of the Tribulation,
- the Antichrist and his expected activities
so that they can make sense out of the unfolding events.
If time permits, we will respond to Emails from persons who are not registered with us.
But we will only do this after first handling all of the requests from those who have been
We will maintain a list of registered names at two locations
in North America separated by about 150 miles, to guard against loss.
We will register your family members, friends, co-workers - anyone you wish -- at $5.00 per person -- for a
period of 10 years. You do the following:
Send us a letter with a check or money order for a payment of $5.00 per person that you
want registered to: OCRT, PO Box 128, Watertown, NY, 13601-0128. (Canadians can
send a letter and a payment of $5.00 in Canadian funds to: OCRT, Box 27026, Frontenac
PO, Kingston ON Canada K7M 8W5).
Email us listing your name, zip or postal code, and the name(s) of the person(s) you want to register. We will Email back to
confirm your registration.
Inform the people that you have registered of our Email address at email@example.com, and tell
them to Email us when the Rapture happens.
Please Email us.
1 Thessalonians 4:17
1 Corinthians 15:51-53
This service is sponsored by the Ontario
Consultants on Religious Tolerance (OCRT). We have maintained a very large web site on the Internet since 1995.
Last update: 2011-AUG-06