About this web site
The most-visited essays on this web site
Our most popular essays:
These change little from month to month.
During the week ending 2007-APR-28, our twenty most-visited essays (starting
with the most popular) are listed below. The most popular 14 essays were
unchanged, except for order, from 2005-OCT-11.
- Abortion access: all aspects to this apparently unsolvable conflict,
which is grounded in disagreement over when human life
becomes human personhood.
- Buddhism: The world's fourth largest religion
which is also becoming very popular in North America.
- Wicca: A recently reconstructed, Neopagan religion
based on elements of belief from the
ancient Celtic people; a.k.a. Witchcraft. Wicca is doubling in numbers about every 30
- Islam: The second largest religion in the world, and
perhaps the most misunderstood by westerners. A religion of peace, with an
attached small minority forming a death cult.
- Same-sex marriage -- Now available in the state
of Connecticut, Massachusetts, the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Canada, and South Africa.
Its future status in California is in doubt.
- The Death Penalty: A rare phenomenon in
democracies, except for the U.S.
- Hinduism: The world's third largest religion.
- Christianity, the largest religion in the world by
far. A highly fragmented group of religions which share the name
"Christianity," the Bible, but which disagree on many beliefs, practices and
- The major religions of the world, and a few
- Stem Cell research: A very controversial field of
medical research with phenomenal potential and moral aspects that many
conservatives find troublint.
- Physician Assisted Suicide: Do people who are too sick to arrange their own death have the right to ask a
physician for help when their life become intolerable?
- Taoism: Another Eastern religion gaining in
popularity in the west.
- Judaism: A relatively small, widely hated, and influential
- Statement of Belief: Our group's beliefs. We have more than one set
of beliefs because we are a multi-faith group.
- The People's Temple, mass murder, and James
- The Ten Commandments: Curious conflicts over what
are really about 24 commandments, not 10. They represent about 4% of the entire Mosaic Law -- from the
Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament). Relatively few people know the
- About us: Information about the
ReligiousTolerance.org website and the people who maintain it.
- The Amish: Their history, beliefs, practices,
- The millennium and end-of-the-world prophecies.
There have been thousands of years of false predictions, yet many people are
still expecting it to happen soon.
- Homosexuality and bisexuality: These are
chosen behaviors (according to some people) or unchosen sexual orientations (according to
others) involving same-sex activity and/or attraction.
Essays that we feel should be in the top 20, but aren't:
|The environment and global warming. We feel
that this is a great threat to humanity, perhaps even greater than nuclear
|A basic, but never discussed, biblical theme:
transferring guilt and punishment from the guilty to the innocent. This is
found throughout the Bible and is involved in many Christian dogmas. Yet, it
is clearly immoral.|
|God's genocides: Mass murders ordered by
|Religious hatred, animosity and intolerance: If
global warming does not end the human race, this will.|
Religious conflict, oppression, discrimination:
More of the same.|
Religiously inspired violence, murder, mass murder and
genocide. Still more.|
During the week ending 2008-APR-19, we 3,296 essays, 9.8 million hits,
1.78 million page views, 450 thousand distinct visitors, and 107 Gbytes of
traffic. Our web ranking was 7,085 out of the approximately 150 million web sites
that are online.
this traffic generates many hundreds of Emails a day. We answer as many as we
can, but our
time is limited.